First I downloaded Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015 from here. In my reference list I added Oracle.ManagedDataAccess. My App.config looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <connectionStrings> <add name="maxaDB" connectionString="User ID=userName;Password=pass;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ipAddress)(PORT=myPort))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=dedicated)(SERVICE_NAME=XE)))" /> </connectionStrings> <startup> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" /> </startup> </configuration>
User ID and Password have to go before Data Source. Then I added "Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client;" in using list, and after that connecting was simple:
string maxaDb = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["maxaDB"].ConnectionString; OracleConnection conn = new OracleConnection();In using list you will need System.Configuration, as well in references.